Perusing today's news:
1. Why is it that the Democratic-led Congress is polling as low as Bush? Could it have something to do with the fact that they are letting him continue his immoral war, even for just a few more months (and then a few more, and then...)
2. Britain's new PM-in-waiting says he will give power to the people. Yeah right.
3. Senate judiciary hearings still cannot get a straight answer to a simple question out of Alberto Gonzales.
4. The big question at the Haditha enquiry, given that so many people knew what happened, is why didn't somebody do something?
5. Condi Rice urges Russia to be open and democratic. No, really.
We, the people, deserve better.