27 June 2007

Gandhi Saves The USA From Darth Cheney


I know I shouldn't get pissed about this sort of thing, but...

I wrote this post at Bush Out way back in February 2006:
Bush Executive Order 13292 was released on March 25, 2003 - just five days after the US went to war in Iraq.

As superbly explained by Byron York at the National Review Online, the order is basically a handover of powers from a lazy, ignorant President to a ruthlessly power-hungry Vice President...

The 2003 Invasion of Iraq began on March 20. This order was released just five days later!

Now just try to tell me that the Iraq War was not pre-planned... Cheney and the PNAC neo-cons had this document ready to push right under Bush's nose just as soon as they went to war!!!

So just what has Cheney been keeping secret from the USA?

More importantly, perhaps, what has Cheney been keeping secret from Bush himself???
Did I get hits? No. Did I win Blogger Of The Year award? Not. Did the world change? Nah.

Now, with all the heat suddenly coming down on Cheney, I thought it would be a good idea to forward the link to the good people at Josh Marshall's Talking Points Memo site. Couple of days later, and here's Spencer Ackerman at TPM:
The order, known as Executive Order 13292, gives the ISOO the authority to ... That's President Bush's language: he amended the executive order on March 25, 2003.
Clearly, Ackerman is presenting the document in a different light to my post, and focussing on other areas of text. But this could be a big weapon against Cheney. And, after four long years of relentless blogging, a little credit would be nice. Yes, yes, I know...

The dudes at TPM are a very busy bunch, and we are all working towards the same goal, and all that.

But I'm tired and I want my Mummy.

Know what I mean?

Actually, what I want is a real job, where I can do this sort of thing for a living, like the TPM mob. Any offers?

Maybe I'll just go write a book. Or something.